WATS 2017 Conference Chair: Chris Lehman, Editor-in-Chief, CAT Magazine
Moderator: Rick Adams
Day 1 – Tuesday 2nd May 2017
0900-1000 Session 1 - Opening Remarks and Keynote Addresses (all conference tracks)
1100-1230 Session 2 – The Opening Act: Perspectives on the Future of Aviation Training (all conference tracks)
The Future of Training
4) Jin Ho Choi, Deputy Director, Korean Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport
Korean Government's Policy Model on Pilot Training & Supply
1400-1530 Session 3 – All About the Mission
1) Captain Dave Harris, Head of Flight Training and Standards, Babcock Mission Critical Services
2) Nick Mayhew, Senior Program Manager, L-3 Link Simulation & Training / Industry Outreach Chair, US Helicopter Safety Team (USHST)
Next-Level Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) Training in Full Flight Simulators
1615-1745 Session 4 – The Right Start
1) Philipp Wynands, Training Standards Manager / Deputy Director Flight Operations, Bristow Academy Inc.
2) Terry Palmer, Director, Helicopter Flight Training Center, Metro Aviation Inc.
3) John Frasca, President and CEO, Frasca International, Inc.
Day 2 – Wednesday 3rd May 2017
0900-1030 Session 5 – Technologies for Immersion
1) Paul Ozmer, Regional Director of Training Operations - Rotorcraft, FlightSafety International
“Simulator Training for Night Vision Goggle (NVG) Operations”
2) Daniele Misani, International Business Director, TXT e-solutions S.p.A.
3) Justin Knaplund, Senior Staff Display Systems Engineer, FlightSafety International, Visual Systems
1115-1245 Session 6A – The Human Component
2) Captain Dario De Liguoro, Head of LH TA Flight Training Design, Standardization and Effectiveness, Leonardo Helicopters
Evidence-Based Training (EBT), A Revolution in Rotary Wing Learning Technology
3) Joel Flinois, Helicopter Simulation Product Line Manager, Thales Training & Simulation
1415-1545 Session 6B – Collaborative Knowledge
1630-1800 Session 6C – The HATS Summit
• The Future of Helicopter Training: A Roundtable of International Panel of Experts
Moderator: Rick Adams
Subject experts representing operators, OEMs, regulators, simulation developers, training providers, and academia will discuss the critical issues facing helicopter training in the next 10-20 years.
Day 3 - Thursday 4th May 2017
0900-1030 Session 7 – S&T Technology Future Trends Outlook (all conference tracks)
1) Brad Southwick, Principal Engineering Manager, Rockwell Collins
Visual System Technologies for Immersive Training Environments
1115-1245 Session 8 – Special Panel: Harnessing the Power of New Learning Environments (all conference tracks)
Special panel led by Dr. Suzanne Kearns, will focus on the key strategies that are known to increase learning and retention. Panelists will offer specific examples from their own operational backgrounds and research.
Panelists will include:
• Captain Ken Shrum, Head of Training - Americas, Boeing Flight Services
• Dr. Kenneth Byrnes, Assistant Dean, College of Aviation, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
• Lori J. Brown, Associate Professor, Western Michigan University, College of Aviation