Sands Expo and Convention Centre
1 Bayfront Ave
Tel: +65 6688 8888
As a delegate of APATS 2017 you can take advantage of the special negotiated rates at the Marina Bay Sands.
Prices per room per night valid untilSunday 13th August 2017
Please note all rates are subject to 7% goods and service tax and 10% service charge
To make your reservation please visit https://aws.passkey.com/go/14thAPATS2017
• The closest airport to the Swissotel is Singapore Changi International Airport (SIN), which is a 20 minute journey
• Taxis come in various colours and styles in Singapore, but are also clearly marked 'TAXI'. On the whole, the drivers are friendly enough, but their English isn't always good, so if you're heading off the beaten track, it is a good idea to have your destination written down or to be aware of a landmark nearby that they can aim for.
• All drivers use their meters, the fare starting at S$2.80 for the first kilometre, after which it rises 20¢ for every third of a kilometre or so (limousine taxis are slightly more expensive). Note that you have to pay a third extra on top of the metered fare for journeys undertaken Monday to Friday between 7am and 9.30am and Monday to Saturday between 5pm and 8pm, and fifty percent extra is added between midnight and 6am. Journeys from airports incur a S$3 surcharge (S$5 Fri– Sun 5pm– midnight).
• The MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) metro network is clean, efficient and good value for money.
• Trains run every five minutes on average from 6am until midnight downtown. Tickets cost between S$1.10 and S$2 per journey (S$0.75–1.80 with an ez-link card). You will need coins for the ticket machines, found inside the main hall at each station; adjacent change machines break S$1 and S$2 notes, while larger notes can be changed at the station control room. Eating, drinking and smoking are not permitted on trains. Metro map can be found here.
• Singapore uses an IEC Plug Type G, used in; UK, Ireland, Cyprus, Malta, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong
• Voltage: 220 volts
• Official languages English, Malay, Chinese and Tamil
• Population: 5.1 million
• Time Zone: GMT +8 hours
• Country Code: +65
• Currency: Singapore dollar, written as either $ or S$
• Visas: On arrival in Singapore, citizens of the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa are normally stamped in for fourteen days, though a month's stay can be granted if requested.
Things To Do
Cancellation Terms & Conditions
If your plans change and you are unable to attend APATS 2017, we will accept a substitute delegate from your organization. To do this just email your request to email@example.com with the full details of the person who will take your place, including their job title, email address and postal address.
If you cancel a booking within 28 days of the event no refund will be made. Cancellations made at least 28 days in advance are subject to a 20% administration fee. Refunds will only made in the currency in which the registration was paid, unless otherwise agreed by the Halldale Group.
Substituting a VIP pass for a previously paid or registered delegate is not permitted