The Journal of Civil Aviation Training (CAT) is now accepting presentation abstracts for Asia's largest aviation training conference - the 18th Asia Pacific Airline Training Symposium (APATS) to be held 31 August - 1 September 2021 at the Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
Submission Deadline - Friday 30th April 2021
This is expected to be the first time in more than a year that the Asian civil aviation training community will gather in person to share best practice, lessons learned and the challenges and hopes for recovery and return to growth.
Across all streams of the conference, presentations and moderated discussions led by industry experts will focus on increasing knowledge on human performance for this safety critical industry.
The overall theme of APATS 2021 is Train, Fly, Live Again
Conference programmes are now being developed for these streams:
- Air Carrier Pilot Training
- Cabin Crew Training
- Maintenance Training
For each of the conference tracks, presentation proposals should address an aspect of aviation training and education in one or more of the following broad categories:
- Airline recovery, including challenges of operations/training/restart, re-training, regional revamp and the next pilot shortage.
- Next-gen aviation professional recruitment (pilot, cabin, maintenance), screening, diversity and funding.
- Training paradigm of the future for ab initio, type rating, recurrent, command and instructors.
- Regulatory roadmap.
- Traning enablers, such as big data, machine learning, augmented intelligence (AI), and connectivity (iPad, Zoom, 5G etc.).
- Technology tools: VR/AR/MR/XR, e-learning, FSTDs including visual, motion & IOS subsystems, LMS/TMS management.
- Personnel readiness, including aptitude, attitude, situation awareness, decision making, airmanship and resilience.
- Adapting cabin crew and maintenance training in a socially distanced environment.
- Embedding a maintenance safety culture.
To propose a presentaiton for any of the APATS conference streams, please send a maximum 300-word abstract by Friday 30th April 2021. Abstracts are required to be accompanied by a short biography of the speaker, which should include contact information, title, position and employer and any conference presentation experience.
Please title your email "APATS 2021 ABSTRACT" and email to Capt. Jacques Drappier - firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to Fiona Greenyer - email@example.com. We will notify successful speakers on or before 21st May 2021.
Preference will be given to air carriers and training organisations with real-world training insights.
APATS is an 'applied' conference, and while full academic papers are not appropriate, we welcome summaries of appropriate aviation training and education research. Also, our highly knowledgeable audience expects presentations which are not overt product/company pitches. (
Presentations must fit into the APATS format which is 15-18 minutes 'delivered', followed by a Q&A period.
We sincerely thank all those who propose presentations and will endeavour to respond to all submissions.
For more information about APATS 2021 visit the website at www.apats-event.com