Halldale operates in the B2B media and events space but considers itself a training and simulation company. Its focus is on providing information on best practices in training, training and simulation technologies to all safety critical enterprises, globally. It does so via live, and virtual events, print, digital and electronic formats for all devices and platforms at all times.
Since the launch of Military Simulation and Training (MS&T) Magazine 35 years ago, Halldale founder and publisher Andy Smith has focused on S&T as a primary business, it is now the sole focus of the Halldale Team.
2020 marks the thirtieth year of Civil Aviation Training Magazine, itself an outgrowth of MS&T when a group of airlines and industry requested a magazine that could spread the growing, new airline training regimes to the world’s airlines.
Ten years ago Halldale launched a magazine (MedSim) focused on the use of modern training techniques and tools for healthcare improvement and in 2020 rolled that publication into a new title, Safety Critical Training (SCT) to address the wider, growing, high value industry training market.
Halldale has a worldwide network of content providers and subject matter experts with decades of S&T experience as operators of high value equipment or builders of devices and training systems.
This site, launched June 16 2020, represents the first time we have pulled all our (recent) content into one space so that users in diverse industries and enterprises can learn from the experience and technological advances of others, knowing the focus is on impartial, high quality content, entirely focused on their specialty; safety critical training!
Our team of experienced editorial/content providers have been hands-on operators, users, designers, builders and sellers of simulation equipment before joining our industry-leading magazines, websites, newsletters and events. All have a sincere desire to improve training for their user communities.
Together our team has hundreds of years of experience and background in this field.
Welcome to the site!
Equality And Diversity
Halldale Group aims to create and maintain a workforce that is diverse, promotes positivity and instills a can-do attitude in every member of the team, regardless of age, religion, sexual orientation, status, gender, race or characteristics. We do not discriminate on grounds of any protected characteristics nor are we biased against them. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Halldale Group commits to:
- Creating a positive and supportive working environment for all staff and customers;
- Promoting the diversity of our workforce;
- Responding to changing demographics and working patterns, e.g. flexible working, remote working;
- Ensuring all our staff are given equal opportunity in every aspect of their working role;
- Selecting for employment, promotion, training or anything of this nature, based on individuals’ own merits;
- Creating an environment in which individual differences and the ways in which everyone contributes is recognized and valued;
- Reviewing our equality and diversity policy annually.
Halldale Group is committed to minimising our impact on the environment and ensuring a sustainable policy and approach for our publications and events. As part of our long-term plan, we are working towards ISO14001 certification reflecting our commitment to controlling the impact of our activities on the environment.
As a group, we commit to:
- Minimizing environmental impacts in the areas of waste, water, energy and air quality at our offices and events;
- Promoting shared and essential travel;
- Giving back to communities by volunteering and donating resources;
- Ensuring our supply chain has responsible social and environmental practices;
- Creating innovative approaches to minimize negative environmental impacts when delivering meetings and events;
- Using recycled and repurposed materials whenever possible.
This policy applies to all events hosted by Halldale Group including events we host and pay for, in addition to aligning sponsors and exhibitors. Staff and contractors are fully expected to uphold these objectives under this policy within prevailing budgets. We acknowledge we have limited influence over third parties whose events we may attend but do not organize, such as trade shows where we exhibit. While we cannot control the decisions of these parties, we commit to educate them about our policy and encourage them to align operating practices with policy objectives. Our attention to environmental, social and economic responsibility includes working within the law and voluntarily exceeding legal requirements in order to be innovative and demonstrate leadership on the issues that are important to us and our stakeholders. As a result, Halldale Group will review and report on our progress against these goals once per year, whilst conducting management reviews quarterly.