Halldale Group is committed to minimising our impact on the environment and ensuring a sustainable policy and approach for our publications and events. As part of our long-term plan, we are working towards ISO14001 certification reflecting our commitment to controlling the impact of our activities on the environment.
As a group, we commit to:
- Minimize environmental impacts in the areas of waste, water, energy and air quality at our offices and events
- Promoting shared and essential travel
- Give back to communities by volunteering and donating resources.
- Ensure our supply chain has responsible social and environmental practices
- Create innovative approaches to minimize negative environmental impacts when delivering meetings and events
- To use recycled and repurposed materials whenever possible
This policy applies to all events hosted by Halldale Group including events we host and pay for, in addition to aligning sponsors and exhibitors. Staff and contractors are fully expected to uphold these objectives under this policy within prevailing budgets. We acknowledge we have limited influence over third parties whose events we may attend but do not organize, such as trade shows where we exhibit. While we cannot control the decisions of these parties, we commit to educate them about our policy and encourage them to align operating practices with policy objectives. Our attention to environmental, social and economic responsibility includes working within the law and voluntarily exceeding legal requirements in order to be innovative and demonstrate leadership on the issues that are important to us and our stakeholders. As a result, Halldale Group will: Review and report on our progress against these goals once per year.
Management reviews will be conducted quarterly.