Airways Aviation will open a further two foundation schools in Asia in March 2016, one in Taiwan and one in Bangladesh, bringing the total number of foundation schools under the company's global portfolio to 16.

The new foundation schools add to Airways Aviation's existing Asia-Pacific network, already established in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Jakarta, Indonesia; Osaka, Japan; and Beijing, China. Another 10 academies throughout the Asia region are planned to open during 2016, with around 20 more around the globe.

Speaking at the Singapore Airshow, where Airways Aviation is exhibiting, Aaron McDonald, Airways Aviation business development manager said: "Taiwan and Bangladesh are key areas for us, and with a vast number of aspiring pilots originating in Asia, it's great to be able to reach further across the region.

"Foundation schools are an important part of what we do at Airways Aviation. It allows prospective students to understand what is required of them, should they pursue a career as a pilot. It also gives them the opportunity to discover whether they have what it takes to succeed in this field, without the costs of training to become a pilot."

The foundation school in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is also conducting cabin crew preparatory training courses. McDonald added, "Our cabin crew graduates are being snapped by the region's airlines. Our high levels of screening and training are producing extremely high-quality candidates for cabin crew positions with any airline. Around 90% of our graduates have already been selected by employers for positions immediately after completion of our course and the other 10% have pending interviews booked in."

The cabin crew training programme covers modules including an introduction to aviation, customer service training, and career guidance and interview skills.