Through a donor who wishes to be anonymous, Women in Aviation International is offering five training scholarships available for application now through May 31, 2019. These scholarships include:
- WAI Instrument or CFII Rating Scholarship: WAI will award a $5,000 scholarship to an individual pursuing an instrument rating or a CFI wanting to add their instrument qualification. Applicants must hold at least a private pilot certificate.
- WAI Multi-Engine Rating or CFI Multi-Engine Endorsement Scholarship: WAI will award a $3,000 scholarship to an individual pursuing a multi-engine rating or to add a multiengine endorsement to a CFI certificate.
- WAI CFI Certificate Scholarship: WAI will award a $3,000 scholarship to an individual pursuing a CFI certificate. Applicants must hold a current commercial/instrument certificate.
- WAI Private Pilot Scholarship: WAI will award a $5,000 scholarship geared toward an individual who would like to earn ta private pilot certificate.
- WAI Aircraft Maintenance Technician Scholarship: WAI will award one $5,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in an Aviation Maintenance Technician Program (A&P) or a degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology.
For all five scholarships, if the applicant is a full-time student enrolled in high school, an accredited flight program, or an accredited college or university, she/he must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Funds will be paid directly to recipients’ flight schools and training is to be completed within one year.
In order to apply for any of these five scholarships, the applicant must be a current member of Women in Aviation International.