MS&T’s Industry Simulation & Training Awards is an annual program to recognize excellence in the international defense community. The program showcases the people, products, processes, and organizations that provide exceptional value to our military, security and industry clients.
There are six award categories this year including Outstanding Innovative Product, Outstanding Service and Support Program, Outstanding Training System Integration Project, Small Business of the Year, and the Pioneer Award, which is intended to recognize an individual for consistent, long-term contributions to the art, science and community of simulation and training. The sixth and newest category award is for Outstanding VR/AR/MR Application and recognizes the innovative use of VR/AR/MR technologies that develop effective and efficient training and performance support interventions.
The 2019 Finalists selected by MS&T's review panel are listed below in alphabetical order for each Award Category. The review panel assessed each of the 75 submissions against the criteria outlined for each category. The assessment and selection of all Finalists was based solely on the qualitative and quantitative data submitted.
As the leading defense training journal for over 35 years, MS&T is proud to acknowledge the following companies and individuals that provide exceptional value and service to military clients as the 2019 Industry Award Finalists.
Outstanding Innovative Product
- CAE: Predator Mission Trainer (PMT)
- Cubic: Engage KOV-135
- SAIC: MicroEngage
Outstanding VR/AR/MR Application
- Modest Tree: Modest3D Xplorer
- Reiser Simulation and Training GmbH: MR training for Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS)
- Vertex Solutions: AC-130U Virtual Reality Part Task Trainer (vrPTT)
Outstanding Service and Support Program
- CAE: KC135 Aircrew Training System (ATS) program for USAF
- General Dynamics Information Technology: Simulation services for US Army Flight School XXI (FSXXI) program
- Inzpire: "Whole Force" training for MOD’s Air Battlespace Training Centre (ABTC), RAF Waddington
Outstanding Training System Integration Project
- CAE: Suite of MH60R training systems for RAN
- DiSTI Corporation: US Army C-RAM LPWS OMT
- Singapore Technologies Engineering: Littoral Mission Vessel Simulation Centre (LMV SimCen)
Small Business of the Year
- Cervus Defence and Security: Analytical products and services for training performance
- Close Air Solutions: Joint Fires Training Simulator suite, immersive Close Air Support Simulator (iCASS) and developing MR training - Hyper Real Immersion
- Simthetiq: Developer of immersive 3D simulation solutions for the military and civil aviation industries
- Robert Abascal, CEO and Founder of AVT Simulation
- Waymon Armstrong, Founder and CEO/President of Engineering & Computer Simulations (ECS)
- Dr. Rajive Bagrodia, Founder and CEO Scalable Network Technologies
MS&T invites all print, digital, and eNewsletter subscribers to vote for their favorite candidate in each category, limited to one voting session per subscriber each year. The 2019 Winners as selected by MS&T subscribers will be announced in MS&T’s Awards Issue (4/5), publishing in mid-September, and online.
Please take this opportunity to select the best nomination in each category by clicking on this link.
Voting ends on Monday, August 19, at 5pm EDT/9pm UTC.