To support the ramp-up of the Airbus Flight Academy Network, the Toulouse, France-based aircraft manufacturer is seeking talented leaders with an appetite for airline training services and knowledge of pilot ab initio training, capable of working in a worldwide and culturally widespread market.
Applications are being accepted through LinkedIn.
Airbus Global Services forecasts more than 500,000 new pilots will be required in the next 20 years, and there are already shortages of pilots around the world as the post-Covid recovery ramps up.
Launched in 2019, the Airbus Flight Academy aims to create a network of flight schools around the world with the objective of growing the future generation of captains and airline leaders. In these schools, aspiring pilots with no previous flight experience are trained to obtain their Air Transport Pilot License.
With flight schools in France and Mexico, the Airbus Flight Academy network is already operational and the first cadets are starting their pilot careers.
Network Development Manager Role
The selected candidate is expected to develop the Airbus Flight Academy business by:
- Supporting the opening of new flight schools worldwide
- Participate in the creation of strategic roadmap
- Support local business development teams in flight school opening projects (owned or franchises)
- Coordinate intervention of technical teams as required
- Leading B2B sales campaigns in collaboration with commercial teams
- Identify prospects
- Collect needs, build technical and commercial proposal
- Supervise specific technical development if required (e.g. MPL)
- Coordinate intervention of technical teams in customer discussions as relevant
- Get customer approval and handover to business operations team for contract execution
- Support the team on various topics by providing relevant expertise and experience
Airbus Expects This Candidate Profile
- Proven experience in ab initio pilot training commercial and/or business development
- An experience as instructor (FI / IRI / CRI) is a plus
- A prior airline experience is a plus
- Enjoy working in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment, collaborating with different entities
- Innovative and “start-up” mindset
- Excellent English level required. Any other language is a plus.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in business/commercial and/or proven experience in sales, business development or franchise development
- Holding a private or professional pilot license is a plus
This role will involve travel.
The job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.