The NATO Modelling and Simulation Group has informed the simulation community about the most recent start of an activity dubbed "NATO Modelling and Simulation Professional Corps Development".
Since NATO started using IT, modelling and simulation systems have provided support to the alliance for training, education, decision-making, procurement, concept development and experimentation and other areas. However, as of today there has been no formalization of NATO qualification for the NATO and Nation personnel planning and managing the use of these systems. The new activity, launched as MSG 152, aims to develop a professional M&S Education and Training portfolio, and a certification process that more effectively supports NATO and national modelling and simulation requirements.
One objective is to develop a professional M&S Education and Training portfolio and certification process that more effectively supports NATO and national modelling and simulation requirements. Other aims are to expand knowledge of modelling and simulation, raise awareness and contribute to the increased standardization of M&S activities across NATO.
Topics (amongst others) include:
- Creating a NATO M&S Professional Certification Process
- Creating a NATO M&S Certification Process and its management
- Defining a NATO M&S Code of Ethics
- Defining NATO M&S educational courses and layout general syllabi and its content
- Exploring the best methodologies for delivering contents
- Aligning identified competencies against European Union Educaitonal Framework
For details contract Cdr. Sp Navy Federico Santiago Perez-Dueñas, Head Modeling & Simulation Coordination Office: email: email@example.com