CAE launched the CAE Medallion MR e-Series Visual System, a complete and turnkey visual solution designed specifically for military fighter and fast-jet training. The company says the new visual system is a cost-effective, fully-integrated visual solution that includes a back-projection 360-degree dome display system, laser projectors and CAE MedallionTM image generators.
The CAE Medallion MR e-Series is available for new training systems as well as for updates to existing systems and the company says, is designed to deliver the industry’s most realistic and immersive virtual environment critical for training military fighter and fast-jet pilots. CAE will highlight key elements of the new CAE Medallion MR e-Series Visual System at its Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) booth (#1734) in Orlando, Florida from November 26-29, 2018.
The CAE Medallion MR e-Series Visual System offers a visual solution for a range of fighter and fast-jet training tasks, such as formation and low-level flying, air-to-air refueling and target identification. The system can also be used for tactical/attack helicopter training requirements. Some of its key features include:
- Unlimited field-of-view in a 360-degree dome display (optional 225-degree display solution available);
- Seamless, integrated visual solution combining display, laser projectors and image generators to deliver high-fidelity virtual environment with near eye-limiting resolution and industry-leading brightness;
- Head movement compensation virtually eliminates parallax errors;
- 3D depth perception through active eyewear;
- Fully correlated synthetic environment;
- Optimized visual environment for night-vision goggles (NVG);
- Support for Open Geospatial Consortium Common Database (OGC CDB) to enhance interoperability and distributed mission operations/training;
- Space-saving and compact design compared to traditional fast-jet full-mission simulators;
The comprehensive CAE MR (Mission Reality) Series training equipment suite covers all phases of fixed-wing and rotary-wing training for military aircrews. The product suite ranges from CAE Simfinity ground-school desktop and procedures trainers to fixed-base flight-training devices and full-mission simulators.