QinetiQ Group plc agreed to become a majority investor in Inzpire Limited with an 85 percent ownership and an agreement for QinetiQ to acquire the remaining 15 percent after two years. Inzpire, a defense services and training provider, will be able to expand its product and service offerings to a wider international audience with QinetiQ’s distribution channels and investment, and the partnership will help the companies achieve operational synergies in areas such as Mission Data, Human Factors, Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Mission Systems and Flight Operations.

QinetiQ says it offers long-term prospects for Inzpire, endorses Inzpire’s vision of becoming a trusted and respected defence company and is fully supportive of Inzpire’s desire to retain operational independence. Inzpire’s service delivery will continue in its current guise, Inzpire says, with no impact on current contractual obligations or change to Inzpire’s culture and ethos.

The two founders of Inzpire –Hugh Griffiths, CEO and Mark Boyes, CTO – will continue in their roles with a focus on driving continued growth nationally and internationally through QinetiQ’s support.