We are pleased to unveil our cabin crew conference programme for the 2021 World Aviation Training Summit (WATS) from June 15-16 in Orlando, FL, USA, at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort.
WATS addresses the current and future training issues affecting your business, from personnel selection and recruitment, to regulation and training technologies. It offers unrivalled opportunities to meet with the key decision makers and influencers within the international airline training community, and allows attendees to discuss the latest training technologies and techniques to improve operational safety and efficiency for pilot, cabin crew, and maintenance training.
Be sure to register your attendance as we move ‘Forward Together’.
Cabin Crew Conference Moderator – Dan Duren, Learning Consultant, Southwest Airlines
Day 1 – Tuesday 15th June 2021
0930-1030 Session 1: Opening Remarks & Keynote Address (all conference tracks)
1115-1245 Session 2: The Dynamic Air Sector (all conference tracks)
1) Robert Burke, Group Manager, Training and Simulation Group, FAA
2) Sheri Pippin, Aviation Safety, Air Transportation Division, FAA
Pilot Professional Development Rulemaking
3) Dr. Matt Vance, Professional Pilot Faculty, Oklahoma State University
Undeniable Emerging Trends in Commercial Aviation
1400-1530 Session 3 – Cabin Crew Conference Kick-Off
1) Dan Duren, Learning Consultant, Southwest Airlines
2) ‘Open-Mic Tuesday’ – Hard Topics & Conference Expectations
1615-1745 Session 4
1) Craig Kennedy, Program Coordinator & Eric Lipp, Founder, Open Doors Organization
Airline Disability Training & the Importance of the Post-Covid Disability Market
2) Birdy Raghoonundun Gunputh, Product Manager Safety Training, Lufthansa Aviation Training GmbH & Martin Egerth, Process Manager Beyond Aviation/Senior HF Expert LH Group, Lufthansa Aviation Training Switzerland AG
Challenges: Perceive, Acknowledge, Solve and Anticipate Them
Day 2 – Wednesday 16th June 2021
0900-1030 Session 5: Center Stage
• Doug Harward, Founder & CEO, Training Industry Inc. & Dan Duren, Learning Consultant, Southwest Airlines.
Trends 2021: Adapting the Training Function to the Complexity of Today’s Environment. An interactive interview and Q&A solutions workshop.
1115-1245 Session 6
1) Jonathan Jasper, Manager, Cabin Safety, IATA
Impacts of Covid on Flight Attendants
2) Thomas Kaminski, Manager Fleet Integration – Training, JetBlue University
Comparative Analysis – Door Drills
1400-1530 Session 7
1) Renee Medina-Eggleston, Sr. Instructor SWAU Inflight, Southwest Airlines
Evolving Training Through Innovation at Southwest Airlines
2) Stefanie Coppedge, Manager, Inflight Training & Professional Development, Frontier Airlines
Innovative Learning Solutions in an Ultra, Low-Cost Environment
1615-1745 Session 8: Workshop – Mental Health Under Stress
• Karen Moore, Principal Occupational Psychologist, Symbiotics & Dan Duren, Learning Consultant, Southwest Airlines