CAE won more than C$180 million in a series of contracts that include long-term training agreements the sale of nine full-flight simulators to commercial airlines, aircraft manufacturers and operators. The contracts include:
Long-term airline pilot training agreements that highlight the recurring nature of CAE's services
- A 10-year agreement with Vietnam Airlines for Airbus A320, A350 and Boeing 787 pilot training– CAE will deliver three new FFSs to Vietnam Airline's training centre in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Pilots will begin training in Vietnam starting in the summer of 2017.
- An exclusive 7-year contract renewal with Asiana Airlines for Airbus A330 training equipment services – CAE will continue to provide A330 training equipment services, and pilots will continue to train locally in Korea at the CAE Korea Training Centre.
- A 5-year renewal agreement with Jet Airways of India, under which CAE will provide maintenance support services at its Bangalore training centre for the airlines' CAE-built full-flight simulators, including one Airbus A330 FFS, two Boeing 737NG and one Boeing 777-300ER FFS.
- A new 3-year contract with an undisclosed airline in the United States
- One Airbus A320 FFS, one A350 FFS and one Boeing 787 FFS to the Asian Aviation Centre of Excellence, the joint venture between CAE and AirAsia, which will support the training needs of commercial airlines in Asia. All the FFSs will be equipped with the latest innovative CAE Tropos 6000XR visual system.
- One Airbus A320 FFS and one Airbus A320 flight training device (FTD) to ChongQing Yu Xiang Aviation in China – representing a CAE 7000XR Series FFS equipped with CAE Tropos-6000XR visual systems, and a CAE 400XR FTD that will be delivered to the training centre in ChongQing, China. The training suite will be ready for training in December 2016.
- A Boeing 737NG FFS, an Airbus A320 FFS, an Airbus A330/A340 FFS, a Global 7000 FFS and a Cessna M2 FFS to undisclosed customers in North America, the Middle East and Asia.