MS&T Magazine's sister publication, the Journal for Civil Aviation Training (CAT) is now accepting presentation abstracts for the 17th Annual Asia Pacific Airline Training Symposium, to be held 8-9 September 2020, at the Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
Looking back at 2019, we see a difficult year for aviation. There were some unfortunate accidents, a worldwide grounding of one of the most popular planes, persistent attention, if not outright attacks, from environmental groups, and continuing pressure from present and future crew shortages.
In the wake of the accidents, pilot training and maintenance practices have again been under scrutiny. Although the widespread virus epidemic is now putting enormous pressure on the airline and manufacturers, we as a training industry need to keep safety as our main goal and continue to take actions to improve our crew training.
Therefore, we have chosen for the overall theme of APATS 2020:
Re-Energizing Training Focus, the Foundation of Aviation Safety
Conference programmes are now being developed for three conference streams:
- Air Carrier Pilot Training
- Cabin Crew Training
- Maintenance Training
For each of the conference tracks, presentation proposals should address an aspect of aviation training and education in one of the following broad categories:
- New hire issues and personnel supply and demand
- Competency and evidence-based training (CBT/EBT)
- UPRT and manual flying skills
- Instructional techniques and training ROI
- Simulation technology update and insights
- Aviation system safety and security
- Training for new aircraft technologies
- Human factors
- International and national licensing, compliance and regulatory issues
- Mobile, gaming and eLearning technologies in training
- Air carrier simulation and training "lessons learned" and incident de-briefs.
To propose a presentation for any of the APATS conference streams, please send a maximum 300 word abstract before 17th April 2020.
Submissions should include:
- The working title of the proposed presentation
- Your full job title, email address and employer
- Up to 300 word abstract
- A short biography of the speaker and conference presentation experience.
Please title your email "APATS 2020 ABSTRACT" and submit to Jacques Drappier, Conference Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy should also be sent to Fiona Greenyer at email@example.com. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified on or before 15 June 2020.
APATS is an "applied" conference and while full academic papers are not appropriate, we will consider summaries of appropriate aviation training and education research projects.
Preference will be given to air carriers and training organisations with real world training insights, "lessons learned" and training "solutions and outcomes" information. In no case will sales presentations be accepted. With the exception of planned breakouts or working groups, actual presentations must fit into the APATS format, which is 18 minutes maximum, followed by a Q&A period.
We sincerely thank all those who propose presentations and will endeavour to respond to all submissions.
For more information about APATS 2020, please visit www.apats-event.com