Michigan Instruments upgraded its PneuView 3 software that is used with the PneuView 3 Lung Simulation System it introduced in 2015. The new Version 3.1 software offers several new capabilities and improvements to the user interface, based on user feedback and suggestions, according to James Maatman, Michigan Instruments President.
Updates to the PneuView 3.1 include:
- Improved accuracy of flow parameters
- New recording mode and snapshot mode. The recording mode allows recording of live ventilation data for replay and analysis, and the SnapShot mode allows users to grab a set of numeric data on the screen and saves them to a .csv or .xls table format.
- A more intuitive user interface and experience, including full screen options
- Ability to start the PV3 Software without being connected to the Lung Simulator, useful for reviewing recordings that were previously saved
- Return to the setup screen without exiting the application
- Ability to enter reference resistance values on the main screen. These are stored with file.