CAE launched the CAE 700MR Series flight training device (FTD), a next-generation FTD designed for military helicopter flight and mission training. The company designed and developed the flight training device based on customer requests for a device that addresses the highest priorities for military helicopter mission training, such as a realistic tactical synthetic environment, extreme field-of-view visual system, and architecture designed for networking and interoperability, according to Gene Colabatistto, CAE’s Group President, Defence and Security.
The CAE 700MR Series FTD offers an immersive, realistic and cost-effective simulator that is based on the CAE 3000MR Series full-mission helicopter simulator, but in a fixed-base platform with dynamic seat for vibration and motion cueing.
Some of the key features included in the CAE 700MR Series FTD include:
- Extreme field-of-view visual system with CAE Medallion-6000XR image generator to provide an immersive training experience;
- Computer-generated forces software for a realistic tactical synthetic environment;
- Simulation architecture designed for distributed mission operations and integrated live-virtual-constructive (iLVC) training to facilitate networking and interoperability;
- Support for Open Geospatial Consortium Common Database (OGC CDB) to enhance interoperable training and mission rehearsal capabilities;
- Support for military-specific mission training scenarios, such as ship deck landings, night vision goggle (NVG) training and confined area landing training;
- Spacious area behind cockpit to support rear-crew training if desired;
- Advanced instructor operator station with easy-to-use scenario development and editing capabilities.
- The CAE 700MR Series FTD is designed to meet or exceed global accreditation standards for helicopter flight simulation training devices (FSTD), such as the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Type IV and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) FTD Level 7.